If you’re looking to add some fonts to your Windows or Mac operating system, you’ll be glad to hear it’s a relatively straightforward process. While both operating systems come packed with a number of fonts for you to choose from, they may not suit your needs for specific tasks or projects. So here’s our step-by-step guide on how to install fonts on Windows 10 and Mac OS.
How To Download Free Fonts
There are many places to download free fonts from. Some select ones I’ve chosen to help you are:
Through these sites, you can browse 1000’s of fonts and select those that you’d like to install on either Windows 10 or your Mac in no time.
How To Install Fonts on Windows 10
Once you have downloaded your font from your chosen provider, do the following:
- Locate the file you downloaded (probably a zip file)
- Double-click on it to open the folder
- Right click on the file
- Select “Install” on the pop-up window and that’s it!
How To Install Fonts on Mac OS
Installing fonts on Mac OS is also quite a straightforward process and similar to that above. Once you have selected your font:
- Locate the file on your desktop
- Double click it to extract it
- Right Click on the file extension ending in .ttf or .otf
- Then click “Install” to finish the process.